Contact me at [wesley at liberatedmatter dot com]
My Goal: To positively affect the lives of as many people as possible.
How: Music, innovation, storytelling, international strategy, creative direction, and helping create timeless and lasting products.
Family Records (founder):
I help artists hone in on their creative vision, and turn it into an executable creative strategy to identify and reach their audience. Listen to all the music we’ve released on Rdio.
We believe that reviving the lost art of dressing, behaving and thinking like gentlemen benefits ourselves and the world around us. We create lasting, timeless men’s accessories together with skilled artisans in the United States. The wonderful folks at Hardy Amies shot a piece in which I share my thoughts on men’s fashion.
- Creative: I write, produce and direct product and music videos, helping brands and bands tell their story.
- Business: I connect European-based tech and music start-ups to the vibrant NYC scene, helping them gain a presence and meet great people, assisting in their product strategy for a new market, and developing new business leads.
- Writing: I am a contributor to Fast Company, Medium, Billboard, Life Hacker, and a few other publications that are kind enough to have me.
Speaking Engagements and Writing
I have appeared on panels as a member or moderator, including CMJ, Digital Dumbo, and various Meet Ups.
Additionally, I’ve been fortunate enough to have my words appear in quotes and profiles by Tech Dirt, CMJ, Spin, Gothamist, New York Times, NME, Filter, AM New York and others. My writing has been published in a variety of publications, including Billboard, Fast Company, AOL Spinner, Hypebot, Music Think Thank, and others.
- Artist Management for Wakey!Wakey!, Pearl and the Beard, Casey Shea, and others.
- Engine Room Recordings, Head of A&R/Strategy
- SONY/BMG, Sr. Coordinator Copyrights (Columbia/Epic)
- Cross-Pollination Concert Series, Curator/Producer for 300 concerts in 6 years
- Freelance Writer, BrooklynVegan/Gothamist/SitDownStandUp*
- The Undisputed Heavyweights, Songwriter/Performer
- Verve/Universal Music, Assistant to Head of A&R
- Maastricht University, MBA Class of 2003/Strategy and Marketing Instructor
* SitDownStandUp.com was featured in Entertainment Weekly’s Popwatch, VH1′s Best Week Ever, MTV News, RollingStone.com, USA Today, New York Magazine’s ‘Vulture’, Vibe.com, XXLMag.com, Q Magazine, Blender.com, AOLMusic, CMJ, The Guardian, Sirius Radio, AM New York and countless others, and my quotes have appeared, for some bizarro reason, in Pitchfork Media, NME, Harp, Paste, Spin, Filter, Gothamist, and more. It was retired in late 2008. My photography has appeared on BrooklynVegan, Gothamist, XXL Magazine, CMJ Magazine and others.